CEVT is an innovation and development company at the forefront of mobility. Modular development, ground-breaking virtual engineering, software development and continuous innovation enable us to deliver world-class technology. Today we deliver to different automotive brands in the Geely family such as Geely Auto, Volvo Cars, and Lynk & Co and are based at Lindholmen in Gothenburg.
Master Thesis Project
Title: Model Predictive Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM)
Field-oriented control (FOC) has been the standard strategy to control PMSMs for years. However, when Microcontroller units (MCU) become faster Model Predictive Control (MPC) algorithms can be implemented to run online in vehicles. MPC shows several advantages over FOC, such as fast dynamic response, easy to implement, handles non-linearities and can easily consider constraints.
Implement and run MPC algorithm on MCU to control PMSM in the rig. Evaluate performance compared to the existing FOC algorithm.
- Investigate various MPC strategies for PMSM control (suited to run in MCU in the vehicle).
- Select one or several MPC strategies for implementation in a simulation environment (MIL).
- Evaluate the performance of the MPC algorithm by comparing to the existing FOC algorithm.
- Implement MPC algorithm to run in MCU to control a PMSM in the rig.
- Tune the MPC algorithm to consider constraints (e.g. current and voltage limitations), penalties (e.g. efficiency, dynamic response) as well as to maintain the CPU load at an acceptable level.
- Master student in Mechatronics/Control/Automotive engineering.
- Knowledge in control theory, modelling, simulation and optimal control techniques.
- Experience in electric motor control and familiar with terms such as FOC, MTPA and SVM.
- Basic knowledge in MATLAB and Simulink.
- Ability to take own initiatives and work independently.
Number of students: 1 or 2, please apply with CV and cover letter.
Starting date: January 2022. The duration of the thesis work is 20 weeks
For more information please contact:
Erik Jonasson, Electric Drive Product Owner, +46 733 90 81 52, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 2021-10-29
Apply today. We will perform ongoing selection during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications sent through the recruitment system, not via email or other channels.