CEVT is an innovation and development company at the forefront of mobility. Modular development, ground-breaking virtual engineering, software development and continuous innovation enable us to deliver world-class technology. Today we deliver to different automotive brands in the Geely family such as Geely Auto, Volvo Cars, and Lynk & Co and are based at Lindholmen in Gothenburg.
Master Thesis Project
Title: Thermal system impact on driving range and energy consumption at hot and cold ambient conditions
Traditionally the vehicle type approval is done for one ambient temperature only, so the published values of driving range and energy consumption corresponding to that temperature. However, when a customer is driving his/her car on the road, the energy consumption and range may be significantly different due to many factors, among others the energy consumption from the thermal management of vehicle components, and from the cabin climate system. In the US homologation procedure, it is possible to do additional tests, including a test under cold conditions (-7°C) and one under warm conditions (35°C). These tests are examples of use cases that will be evaluated in this thesis work.
The overall aim of the thesis work is to evaluate and explore the thermal system components impact on electric driving range and fuel economy at hot and cold ambient conditions.
- Simplify and integrate the thermal management system to our simulation environment, AutoMaker
- Choose method for simplification eg. Neural network or regression analysis
- Verify the thermal model
- Sensitivity analysis on each component’s impact on electric driving range and energy consumption
- Master student in Automotive/Physics/Mechanical engineering.
- Basic knowledge in one or more of GT Suite, Matlab and Simulink, Python, CarMaker.
- Knowledge in Neural network is a merit.
- Interest in electric vehicles.
- Ability to take own initiative and work independently.
Number of students: 1-2, please apply with CV and cover letter.
Starting date: January 2022. The duration of the thesis work is 20 weeks
For more information please contact:
Akshay, CAE Engineer for Driving Range, Energy Consumption and Performance, +46 721 84 35 25, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 2021-10-29
Apply today. We will perform ongoing selection during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications sent through the recruitment system, not via email or other channels.