CEVT is an innovation and development company at the forefront of mobility. Modular development, ground-breaking virtual engineering, software development and continuous innovation enable us to deliver world-class technology. Today we deliver to different automotive brands in the Geely family such as Geely Auto, Volvo Cars, and Lynk & Co and are based at Lindholmen in Gothenburg.
Master Thesis Project
Title: Vibro-acoustic source characterization using blocked force
Discovering Inherent characteristics of a Vibro-acoustic source are essential in the early phase of vehicle development in order to predict the perceived response inside the vehicle compartment. The blocked forces measurement method is a relatively new approach; it is used to characterize the acoustic behavior of the source independent of the transfer path. Combined with the calculated TPA, it enables efficient estimation of critical NVH paths without having to resort to the complete vehicle. Both the inertance of the car body and the source is considered, and thus introduce compensation for the difference between vehicle and test bench. This thesis is about validating the performance of the blocked force methods (in test bench and in situ) against the transfer function measured of attached sources to the full vehicle.
The overall aim of the thesis work is to:
- Perform a literature study
- Understand the difference between Blocked Forces, Contact Forces and their application in TPA
- Become familiarized with CEVT testing system
- Perform Vibro-acoustic source characterization and validate the results against different couplings
- Interest in vehicle NVH
- Strong background in analytical mathematics and linear algebra
- Good knowledge in structure dynamics wave propagation and modal analysis.
- Basic knowledge in MATLAB or Python
- Basic knowledge in acoustics testing
Number of students: 1 or 2, please apply with CV and cover letter.
Starting date: January 2022. The duration of the thesis work is 20 weeks
For more information please contact:
Amr Abboud, NVH Attribuet Leader +46 721999865, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 2021-10-29
Apply today. We will perform ongoing selection during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications sent through the recruitment system, not via email or other channels.