CEVT is an innovation and development company at the forefront of mobility. Modular development, ground-breaking virtual engineering, software development and continuous innovation enable us to deliver world-class technology. Today we deliver to different automotive brands in the Geely family such as Geely Auto, Volvo Cars, and Lynk & Co and are based at Lindholmen in Gothenburg.
Master Thesis Project
Title: Mitigation of Grid Instability in Automotive Power Electronics
China-Euro Vehicle Technology (CEVT) is making a significant step towards the electrification of cars where the On-Board Charger (OBC) is a crucial component in making this transition possible. A clear understanding of the grid behavior will enable us to design future systems capable of withstanding grid faults, hence making electric cars an even more attractive sustainable mode of transportation. Performing grid fault tests in the lab can be very time-consuming, and therefore simulation models play a vital role in helping us understand how the power electronics will behave under various scenarios.
The overall aim of the thesis work is to:
- Perform a literature study to identify the major factors contributing to the generation and propagation of grid instabilities/faults
- Become familiar with existing OBC models already developed at CEVT and adapt/modify them to suit the current simulation need
- Validate the simulation results against experimental data
- Propose OBC design methods/strategies to mitigate the effects of grid fault
- Master student in Electric Power and/or Electromobility Engineering.
- Interest in vehicle electrification
- Basic knowledge in MATLAB/Simulink/LTSpice
- Basic knowledge in electrical experiments
- Basic knowledge in OBCs and Charging systems
- Knowledge of Power Electronic circuits
Number of students: 2, please apply with CV and cover letter.
Starting date: January 2022. The duration of the thesis work is 20 weeks
For more information please contact:
Andreas Henriksson, System Manager Power Conversion, (+46) 709 52 49 24, email@example.com
Last application date: 2021-10-29
Apply today. We will perform ongoing selection during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications sent through the recruitment system, not via email or other channels.