CEVT is an innovation and development company at the forefront of mobility. Modular development, ground-breaking virtual engineering, software development and continuous innovation enable us to deliver world-class technology. Today we deliver to different automotive brands in the Geely family such as Geely Auto, Volvo Cars, and Lynk & Co and are based at Lindholmen in Gothenburg.
Master Thesis Project
Title: Lithium-ion Battery Ageing
Subject: Battery Modelling and Analysis
China-Euro Vehicle Technology (CEVT) is making a significant step towards the electrification of cars, and batteries are a crucial component making this transition possible. A clear understanding of the battery ageing behaviour will enable us to design future battery systems capable of extending the lifetime of batteries, hence making electric cars an even more attractive sustainable mode of transportation. Performing battery ageing tests in the lab can be very time consuming, and therefore simulation models play a vital role in helping us understand how batteries will behave under various scenarios.
The overall aim of the thesis work is to:
- Perform a literature study to identify the major factors contributing to the ageing of lithium-ion cells
- Understand how battery lifetime models are developed using different approaches such as statistical and empirical models
- Become familiarised with existing battery models already developed at CEVT as well as the range of vehicle drive cycle data used as input
- Apply the models suitably to extract information regarding battery ageing which can be then used to extend the battery lifetime in our electric vehicles
- Literature study
- Model development
- Model validation
- Conclusion and future scope
- Master student in Electrical/Control/Computer engineering or similar.
- Interest in vehicle electrification
- Basic knowledge in MATLAB/Simulink or GT-Suite
- Basic knowledge in electrical experiments
- Basic knowledge of Lithium-ion batteries
Number of students: 2, please apply with CV and cover letter.
Starting date: January 2022. The duration of the thesis work is 20 weeks
For more information please contact:
Sandeep Nital David, Product Owner BMS & HV system, (+46) 721 84 35 07, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 2021-10-29
Apply today. We will perform ongoing selection during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications sent through the recruitment system, not via email or other channels.