CEVT is an innovation and development company at the forefront of mobility. Modular development, ground-breaking virtual engineering, software development and continuous innovation enable us to deliver world-class technology. Today we deliver to different automotive brands in the Geely family such as Geely Auto, Volvo Cars, and Lynk & Co and are based at Lindholmen in Gothenburg.
Master Thesis Project
Title: Securing Automotive Communication
The automotive industry at large is rapidly moving to ethernet and a more service-oriented design. There are multiple protocols available for enabling such designs – e.g. SOME/IP and DDS. No such protocols are perfect and the cybersecurity aspects of them must be carefully analyzed before adoption.
The overall aim of the thesis work is to:
- Perform a literature study to identify and understand the main service-oriented automotive communication protocols and available security controls
- Analyze the main service-oriented communication protocols for relevant design vulnerabilities
- Analyze the effectiveness of protecting the main service-oriented protocols with various combinations of both established and new security controls
- Literature Study
- Vulnerability Analysis of Service-Oriented Automotive Communication Protocols
- Effectiveness Analysis of Security Controls
- Conclusion and Future Scope
- Master's student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT.
- Interest and academic background in Cybersecurity
- Basic understanding of in-vehicle communication
Number of students: 2, please apply with CV and cover letter.
Starting date: January 2022. The duration of the thesis work is 20 weeks
For more information please contact:
Manne Engelke, Cybersecurity Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 2021-10-29
Apply today. We will perform ongoing selection during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications sent through the recruitment system, not via email or other channels.